Zeolites are microporous minerals that form when volcanic rocks and ash react with alkaline groundwater. Green Zeolite clay has a slightly larger texture than most other clays as well as incredible absorption properties. Due to the large texture, it also has a very gentle exfoliating property. Best suited for normal to oily skin.
Citronella essential oil has a crisp fresh grassy/floral aroma. Citronella is the ideal companion for camping and hiking trips to the great outdoors. Keeps the mosquitoes and creepy crawlers off your skin and clothes while masking the human fragrances that insects find appealing.
Lemongrass – The clean complex aroma is what gives lemongrass its sweet delightful citrus scent. Lemongrass essential oil is a powerhouse natural insect/bug repellant from chiggers, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, no-see-ums, and flies. All the while this fresh pungent aroma can boost moods, promote positive outlooks, relieve feelings of nervousness and anxiety.
Eucalyptus – A minty camphorous scent that is sharp and highly pungent. Promotes feelings of a clear mind and relaxation and opens your sinuses. Used in cold process soaps, Eucalyptus deep cleans away all the days dirt while fighting existing skin infections. Also contains amazing anti- bacterial, anti- fungal and anti- inflammatory properties. Eucalyptus is known to repel insects such as mosquitoes and deer ticks.
Our soap weighs 4.0 – 4.5 ounces, offering ample usage and convenience.
Natural homemade soaps need to dry between uses.
- Using a slotted soap dish, soap-saver pad, or soap-saver exfoliating pouch will help prolong the use of our soaps.
- Extremely hot water will reduce the life of a bar soap substantially.
- Different types of water will affect the performance of homemade bar soap. Ie. hard water, soft, well water, etc
- Our opinion is ‘Friction is the biggest culprit’ to homemade bar soaps not lasting very long.
- Our experience shows that applying the bar soap directly to the skin, a few times over the arms and chest area. Place bar soap in a dry area. Use your hand, washcloths, loofa, soap saver pouch, etc to generate the lather versus rubbing the bar continuously over body.
Our experience and customer feedback show a bar can last 2 months plus when applying this technique and being mindful of this.